All students are expected to record all homework, intervention & enrichment in their planners on the date it is set with the date it needs to be completed.
Key Stage 3 (Year 7 & 8)
Your child will be issued with a Homework Booklet for the following subjects: English, Maths, Science, Computing, Spanish, History, Geography and RE. For the practical subjects of PE, Art, DT, Music and Drama students will attend enrichment clubs to develop their practical skills in the enrichment time between 2.40 and 3.30pm.
Academy expectations are that a child should spend between 20-30 minutes on each subject each week – each Homework Booklet will contain sufficient work for them to complete a task a week over the 5/6 week half-term.
· Students will be expected to complete a Homework Booklet for every subject each half-term;
· The booklets will develop independent learning skills;
· The content will consolidate learning from the previous half-term;
· Homework will be peer-assessed and recorded by teachers;
· Students will be sanctioned if homework is not completed.
· Homework for students in Years 7 and 8 will be sent home half-termly in the form of Homework Booklets this academic year.
The new format is intended to support our students in developing their independent learning and time management skills. Moreover, each Homework Booklet (from Autumn 2) will be planned to consolidate the learning in the previous half-term. There will also be a focus on the learning of subject specific vocabulary.
If your child mislays their Homework Booklet they will be expected to get a replacement from their subject teacher.
Key Stage 4 (Year 9, 10 & 11)
Students will be expected to complete a minimum of 7 hours of traditional homework per week - approximately 1 hour for each of the following subjects:
· English, English Literature, Maths, Science
· Plus 1 hour for each of their option subjects