In order for students to learn and reach high standards as well as enjoy their education, a calm, purposeful environment is essential.
At Harris Academy Morden we expect students to engage in their learning and ensure they do not disturb the learning of others both inside and outside the classroom.
Students are encouraged to take every opportunity to make a positive contribution to our Academy and rewards are very important to who we are and how we work.
We expect parents/guardians and students to uphold the ethos of this Academy and commit to helping improve the prospects of all our students. We operate a firm but fair day to day approach in our behaviour management policies. You can find more detail in the policies section of the website by reading the Behaviour Management and Discipline policies.
The Student Code of Conduct
Students are expected to follow the code of conduct and safety rules as well as implement the Academy policies for equal opportunities. These are summarised below:
- Promote equal opportunities in all aspects of Academy life
- Complete homework/coursework conscientiously and return it by the set deadlines
- Contribute fully to the life and work of the Academy community and show a willingness to support and participate in all its activities
- Play a full part in the growth, development and improvement of the Academy by striving to improve standards of work and behaviour at all time
- Be confident that striving to improve academic performance is recognised as acceptable and that attempts to undermine or devalue this are not
- Wear correct uniform and conduct themselves in a sensible and orderly manner
- Show respect to adults and treat people as individuals in the manner that they would expect to be treated themselves
- Maintain high personal standards of attendance and punctuality
- Not take holidays during term time
- Respect other people’s personal space and their belongings
- Demonstrate care towards the upkeep of the environment and exercise common sense and self-control in all aspects relating to the health and safety of others
- Take a positive stance against litter, graffiti and vandalism
- Conform to the protocols for security and access required for the ICT network
- Abide by the procedures to ensure sensible use of the Internet
- Responsibly maintain their Student Bank Account, set up by the Academy
- Ensure all work submitted is their own work and includes no form of plagiarism
- Give letters and other information from the Academy to parent/carers and return any reply to the Academy promptly.
- Not bring to the Academy anything which is dangerous, illegal or against Academy rules, including a mobile telephone or MP3 player.