Trips and Visits
As part of our continuing drive on standards, being able to offer a rich and diverse curriculum is very important to us at Harris Academy Morden. The Academy has a strong commitment to the added value of learning beyond the statutory Academy day and beyond the Academy premises.
The Governing Body has given its approval to the following types of activities being arranged in support of the educational aims of the academy:
- Off-site sport / team events and visits via minibus, coach or public transport
- Our biannual ‘Aspire, Experience and Explore’ cultural visits via minibus, coach or public transport
- Curriculum/ subject-specific trips / field trips
- Out of hours clubs and community volunteering
- Saturday School sessions and Holiday sessions
- Visits to other schools
- Residential visits
- Overseas visits
- Adventure activities
The Academy has a clear code of conduct for Academy visits based on the Academy ‘Behaviour Policy’. Parents are always informed before an activity takes place although we operate a one-off consent form that covers each student for the entirety of their life at the academy.
Two members of the Extended Leadership Team are responsible for Trips and Visits:
Mr B Goldsmith, Assistant Principal and Mrs S Hogan, Health & Safety Officer.