Academy uniform develops a sense of loyalty to the community which students are members, and to encourage them to take a pride in their appearance. Students are expected to wear full Academy uniform on the way to and from the Academy. Students are permitted to wear a plain dark coloured coat and dark colour hat.
Our new uniform supplier is Stevensons. Please click here to order uniform online from Stevensons.
You can also purchase uniform items:
- In-store at Stevensons, The Old Spread Eagle, High Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8DN (Mon-Sat 9am-5.30pm) - email email@example.com
- By phone on 01372 747474
WC 13th July – Stevenson’s website will be ready for orders/pre-orders
WC 10th August – parents can book a fitting appointment with Stevenson’s
WC 17th August – Stevenson’s open for walk in customers (no prior booking required)
· Academy Blazer
· Academy pullover - no other style of jumper is allowed
· Traditional white school shirt
· Faculty tie
· Trousers (boy’s or girl’s) - Plain black traditional or classic style. No leggings or tight-fitting styles
· Socks - Plain black or white
· Skirt - Plain black, to be below the knee.
· Tights - Plain natural or black
· Shoes - Polished black, traditional style, black stitching, black sole and heel.
No trainers or trainer style shoes are allowed
An example of appropriate black trousers
These trousers are traditional/classic wide or straight leg cut that are suitable for school.
An example of inappropriate trousers
These trousers are not traditional school trousers and too tight.
Free School Meals and a Harris Academy Uniform Grant are available to all students whose parents/carers receive specified benefits as follows:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) Universal Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Free school meals will be provided to all students for whom a claim has been accepted and will be provided as soon as the application has been approved.
- Approval of a free school meal claim will also entitle families to a Harris Academy uniform grant of £70 per annum per student which covers the cost of compulsory uniform items.
EQUIPMENT FOR EVERY LESSON
• Full-size school bag suitable for A4 size books.
• Face mask
• Student planner
• Reading book
• Pencil case
• Pens (black or blue)
• Pencil (sharpener and eraser)
• Coloured pencils or felt pens
• 30cm ruler
• Scientific Calculator
• Geometry set for Mathematics