- Harris Academy Morden wishes to recruit and retain the best teachers.
- Our Professional Learning Programme reflects our desire to maintain our high standards, yet ensure our staff have a ‘work life balance’ that is sustainable and helped significantly by the extra time devoted to the crucial aspect of Marking students’ work.
- Our Professional Learning Programme takes into account the preferred pathways of our colleagues, at all levels, in order that we can offer them appropriate opportunities that support this progression.
- Whole Staff Development – weekly morning sessions continue to identify and share best practice.
- Directed Staff Development – this will be focused on coaching/mentoring in our ITE/NQT programmes along with fortnightly sessions for our NQT/ITE groups.
- Self-Directed Staff Development – some staff have successfully gained places on accredited pathways, which the Academy will support.
- Guided Staff Development – some staff are offered opportunities to undertake necessary programmes that will enhance their performance and increase the opportunities open to them to progress in the profession.
- Voluntary Staff Development – throughout the year there may be opportunities for staff to participate in Research Projects, Leadership development programmes and other performance enhancing programmes.