How do students and parents report a safeguarding concern?
How to report as a parent?
If you believe a child is in immient danger please contact the Police - dial 999
How to report to Children’s Social services?
Child protection referrals can be made via the duty desk or online:
- Merton: 020 8545 4226 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Croydon: 020 8726 6464/ https://www.croydon.gov.uk/children-young-people-and-families/child-protection-and-safeguarding/report-concern-about-child
- Sutton: 020 8770 6001 / https://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200235/safeguarding_children/473/what_to_do_if_you_are_worried_about_a_child/2
- Lambeth: 020 7926 3100/ https://beta.lambeth.gov.uk/noise-nuisance-anti-social-behaviour-and-safety/report-concern-about-child
- Wandswoth: 020 8871 7899/ https://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/make_a_referral_to_the_multi_agency_safeguarding_hub
Merton has a local safeguarding partnership (Merton Safeguarding Children Partnership) Please click on this link: https://www.mertonscp.org.uk/ It has links to local child protection policies and procedures, and links to other related websites.
How to report radicalisation and extremism?
The Merton Lead is Ms Willis and Merton’s Prevent Police Officer is PC Kendrick who can be contacted via Prevent@merton.gov.uk or on: 020 8545 4226/4227.
How to contact the LADO?
The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is John Shelley, who can be contacted o: 020 8545 email@example.com
How to contact Merton’s Virtual School?
The Head Teacher for Merton’s Virtual School is Karen Reid. The virtual school supports looked after children and Care Leavers to promote their educational achievement and to make sure all looked after children reach their potential. Please visit: https://www.merton.gov.uk/social-care/children-young-people-and-families/childrens-social-care/fostering-adoption-and-looked-after-children/virtual-school-for-looked-after-children for further information.