Ofsted, DFE and GCSE Outcomes
Dear Parents and Carers
I am delighted to inform you that we have now received the final report from Ofsted and can publish the result.
Inspectors conducted a full two day inspection in July, observing teachers teach, talking to students & staff members and observing student interactions in the playground, lessons and corridors. Parents were also given the opportunity to feedback via the Ofsted questionnaire.
On September 3rd I received the final report. The report is a celebration of the hard work and dedication of staff, students and our supportive parents.
There are many schools in the country graded as Outstanding, however it is a truly special school that receives Outstanding in every category.
I am delighted to inform you that Harris Morden was graded Outstanding in EVERY category!
Harris Academy Morden has now received the highest ranking by Ofsted and the GCSE results of 2018 continue to place the Academy within at least the top 10% of schools nationally just as we have been for the last three years.
The full report is available to read at the bottom of the page but I have selected some quotes to highlight the key findings:
- ‘Staff are enthusiastic about their teaching and support the ethos of high aspirations for all’.
- ‘There is a low turnover of staff and their morale is high’.
- ‘Inspectors saw evidence of exceptional teaching’
- ‘Teachers have very strong subject knowledge and enthusiasm for their subjects. They have high aspirations of what pupils can achieve and set them challenging targets’
Exams / Results
- ‘Pupils achieve exceptional outcomes in public examinations. Current pupils are making outstanding progress’.
- ‘Student-led commissions enable pupils to undertake action research which directly contributes to improving teaching and learning’
- ‘Pupils enjoy school and their attendance is high’
- ‘The behaviour of pupils is outstanding’
- ‘A very strong sense of community is evident throughout the school’.
Personal Development and Welfare
- ‘The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding’
We hope that you enjoy reading the report!