Teaching & Learning
Harris Academy Morden is an Academy with high expectations. We have an excellent team of teachers and teaching assistants who plan, deliver and assess a broad curriculum. Our exam results are strong and constantly improving.
Our vision for all lessons:
- We will provide an educational environment that is calm, welcoming and inclusive, and in which diversity is celebrated;
- We will strive for academic excellence through collaborative partnerships involving staff, students, parents, and a wide range of external experts;
- We will encourage our students to become independent learners who are responsible for their own learning;
- We will establish cross-curricular links to ensure that all students are literate and numerate;
- We will create opportunities for creativity, innovation, problem-solving and risk-taking;
- We will develop our students as leaders who take responsibility for their actions;
- We will mould our students into active citizens who will engage positively with the wider community, striving for social justice locally, nationally and internationally;
- We will provide opportunities for our students to develop financial awareness, economic independence and the skills to be leaders, employees, employers and entrepreneurs in the workplace of the 21st century;
- We will promote the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and the local community through our SMSC programmes;
- We will raise aspirations and provide access to a wide network of professionals who can support pathways to a range of further education and employment choices.